Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A frustrated Blogger. A happy scrapper!

Well, I haven't posted in a while because I have had trouble posting pictures and other various computer failures.  I am a third year teacher and I am currently on my third classroom computer!  Uggg--I think I have a black thumb when it comes to technology.  Anyway, although I was reluctant to post anymore without pictures, I had a blogging request :) So, here it goes. . .

This past weekend was fall break from school--yippee!  I had been looking forward to this for weeks, not only because I wanted a day off, but because I had plans to attend a 24-hour scrapbooking retreat called "Croptoberfest."

On Friday, my best friend CJ (whose grandfather had passed away that morning--more about him later) and I left around 5 and drove an hour to this retreat.  We moved in at least 6 big boxes/ bags of materials--including our awesome Cricuts (more about them later, too, I'm sure).  We were in the basement of a woman we had never met before and we totally covered her ping-pong table with scrapbooking wonderment!

We ate pizza, got to know the other women around us, and scrapped all night!  At 4:00 am I finally took a nap for two hours--woke up at 6 am and continued on until around 2:30 in the afternoon when we organized our stuff and headed home!  When I got home, I kept scrapbooking as I added titles to some of the pages.

I made a scrapbook for supper club, a scrapbook of JohnDeere's broken head, and many other wonderful creations!  It was soooooo much fun!!! 

Scrapbooking is so important to me because I love family history.  I wish that my parents or grandparents had scrapbooks of when they were younger so I could see what they were like, not just know their names.  I think I may have convinced my mother to let me scrapbook her life--she doesn't think it's very exciting, but I do--I had to promise her I wouldn't show it to anyone: I will lock it up in a safe until she dies, but then I will show it to everybody!  (Sorry, mom!)

Note: I have been scrapbooking for 10 years, and I have 10 books.  If I live to be 80 and I keep up this pace, I will have over 70 scrapbooks!  Isn't that crazy?  What will happen when I have kids?  I will have to build a bigger house--not for them, but for all their scrapbooks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't imagine scrapbooking for that long of a stretch. You. Are. Superwoman! I feel like I've accomplished something just to get photos in an album!

    ReplyDelete