Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy

I am pretty busy right now with school and my scrapbooking hobby.  My next scrapbook will be of John Deere's broken head--it has only taken me a year to get around to it.  Sunday I typed up the pages from my journal that I kept while he was in the hospital.  I considered putting it on here, but I have some pretty specific and personal details.  So I guess I will just have to print copies for anyone interested in reading it.

I also have spent a lot of time getting ready for the Meats Judging season.  Yes, I'm an English teacher, but I help the FFA chapter at my school with a Measts team.  People look at me pretty funny when they walk by my room after school and see giant pictures of raw meat and animal carcasses projected on the screen.  Last Saturday we had a "Meat Meeting" barbeque at my house.  It was cold and windy, but fun! We grilled steak and hung out.  I was glad to have a chance to meet many of the students' parents.

My Master's Degree has kind of taken over my free time as I am in week four of my 6th course.  Only four more to go and I will be finished--I will be a much happier person in April when I am done!

Parent teacher conferences are this week--sarcastic--yeah!  Next week I am taking my students to see a live production of Julius Caesar--then we have fall break.

Over fall break, I am going to a 24-hour scrapbooking "crop" with CJ. I can't wait!  I just got a Cricut Expression--actually it should be delivered sometime today.  I am sure it could keep us occupied for 24+ hours. 

John Deere is working harvest hours (7:30-6 weekdays and 7:30-4 on Saturday).  He now has fireman training two nights a week, so there are some days when I don't see him at all.  I miss him and worry about him working so much.  Today I said it would be nice to have a day to sleep in and do nothing--he said maybe Christmas!

 

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I barely know DR..last night he got home before the kids were in bed and I was shocked. If I knew how easy my teenage years were, sleeping in and all, I would have appreciated them more!

    ReplyDelete