Monday, August 29, 2011

Old Tractors better than a Young Wife?

My husband loves antique tractors--he loves them so much that he left me alone all weekend (even though I am still scared of the boogie man) to go and watch them.  I know that he drove three hours, woke up early in the morning, and walked around all day for two days straight just to watch old tractors--many of which were just sitting there--he wouldn't do this for anything else!   I had no desire to go with him, but he was pretty excited about it when he got home!  He even took MY cool new camera so he could take a ton of pictures--I will post some later.



Anyway, if you like old tractors too, or you want to see just how crazy my hubby is check out www.halfcenturyofprogress.org.

What does your hubby like more than you?  I have accepted my place in his heart, but I don't think I will ever share his love.


I did help him restore one once-- I am doing an awesome job stripping paint from this tire--don't you think?  He loves John Deere and these little lawn tractors called David Bradley-- I would hate to know how many he really has-- I have heard tell that there are parts for more than 6 David Bradley's in our barn--and at least 3 full size antique tractors.  I am sure that after his weekend retreat he has the restoration bug again--Uggh.  I am glad he has a hobby, but sometimes I get tired of tractors stealing my hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know he had so much stuff. I WOULDN'T go with him! Hmm...I'm not sure what my husband loves more than me...maybe just traveling!

    ReplyDelete