Friday, September 2, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

Today is an historic day--today is our school's first home football game in 53 years!!  In previous years we had a practice area, but no bleachers or press box, so we were unable to hold our home games at our school.  Instead we had to pay an exorbitant amount of money and move all football and marching band equipment to the local college every weekend for the games.  Also, our high school was not allowed to sell concessions, so fans were supporting the college rather than the high school when coming to the games.

Tonight that all will change!  Those Friday night lights will shine on OUR high school campus and OUR players will run out onto OUR field for the first time ever!  The spirit in our school has been amazing this week and I know it will only continue to grow as students will be more encouraged to attend games.  I don't have any pictures right now, but take my word for it--something awesome is happening here. 

Although I am not an alumni of this school and have only been teaching here for 2+ years, I feel such pride in our school.  I truly believe that we are an awesome corporation and I love seeing the excitement in my students' faces.  I have never really been a fan of football before, but as I sit here in my "Home Field Advantage 2011" T-shirt I am ready for some football.

Note: Our entire community has supported this venture.  We will have free tailgate food for all home team fans, live music before the game, a tunnel of former players to welcome our current team onto the field, a special half-time show by our marching band (who is also excited about being at home), and a firework show after the game.  It will truly be the event of the century at our high school!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I never realized that school never had a home field...shows how many football games I ever went to! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete