Monday, September 12, 2011

Hiking

 Camping means hiking!  Usually I just mosey along and look at the scenery.  This year, I went for it.
 I wanted to use hiking as a way to get some exercise, so I led the pack on our first hike through the sand hills.  Later I slowed down and took some pictures, but not as many as usual.
 I grew up on the river, so this was not really an extraordinary state park for me, but the trails were nice and the weather (at least for part of the weekend) was beautiful!
 They had an awesome pine plantation from when the park used to be someone's farm.  I couldn't believe that there was no underbrush here.  These trees were my favorite.
Well, Kansas people--here you go, I hope this doesn't make you miss the trees too much!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some beautiful pics. And yes, especially the last one, really makes me miss trees!!

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete