Friday, September 30, 2011

Broken Head

"The Great", CJ, Meg, and Me
 Just about a year ago, my best friend, CJ got married.  John Deere and I were both in the wedding.  It was a really fun day: getting dressed up, eating lunch together, taking crazy jumping pictures, and the like.  When the reception was over CJ and her new hubby--lets call him Mr. Painter left for home and we all stayed and cleaned up.  As the reception hall cleared out of trash and people, I set out to look for John Deere in hopes that we would be heading home.  Well, I found him lying on the cement.  He had fallen out of the back of a pickup truck while they were taking trash to the dumpster.  "The Great"--our fellow bridal party member and nurse, was checking him over, others were standing around waiting around for the first responders. They transported  him in an ambulance then loaded him in a helicopter.  We found out later that he had fractured his skull from ear to ear--like a broken-head-band.

I kept a journal of his ensuing hospital stay and recovery.  It was the scariest time of my life, but I am posting today to say thank you to God for bringing him back to normal.  He really answered my prayers that week--which I was sending to Him on rapid fire.

Also, to anyone who reads this, thank you for helping me (and him) get through this.  I don't know what we would have done without all of our friends and family there to help us.
John Deere, Chellie, and Mouth

1 comment:

  1. Has it already been a year? What a scary Sunday morning and Saturday night that was for me and Mountain Man. I'm SO thankful God was watching over John Deere too. And so thankful He was there to guide you through such a scary time.

    ReplyDelete